Webinar: Five Biggest Leadership Onboarding Challenges
As leaders and hiring managers continue to confirm, successfully onboarding leaders can be very challenging. Research confirms that a high performing onboarding process results in a shorter learning curve, increased longevity and huge cost benefits to an organization. Conversely, the cost of a poor performing onboarding process is significant resulting in both hard and soft costs.
Fortunately, there are practical strategies that can be leveraged to address onboarding challenges and thereby avoiding the negative consequences of a poor performing process.
The negative consequences include:
- Lack of alignment between the new leader and hiring manager
- Peers do not understand the new leader’s role and how it interacts with theirs
- Loss of return on the investment made in recruiting the new leader
- Sub-optimized performance results
What you will learn from this webinar:
- Strategies for engaging the hiring manager
- Roadmap for facilitating leadership onboarding
- Strategies for leveraging early feedback
- Understanding how to gather and use metrics
This webinar will be conducted by Brenda Hampel and Erika Lamont, Partners at Connect The Dots Consulting and authors of: Perfect Phrases for Employee Onboarding and Orientation, part of a top-selling series for McGraw-Hill's business division, as well as The Talent Assessment and Development Pocket Tool Kit and The Talent Selection and Onboarding Pocket Tool Kit, both part of a new business series developed my McGraw-Hill.